Tuesday 26 September 2017

A trip around South Africa - looking for inspiration!


There is nothing quite like a storm in the Karoo!


 Wildebeest outside Clarens.... take one of those "game drives" , they park outside the coffee shop. it was really well worth it and the light on the surrounding rocks was incredible.
 I found myself on a little farm in Middelberg, Karoo. Miley wasn't happy with the thorns... and refused to get out the car!


 I stayed at the "Die Overlander" just outside Bloemfontein... what a stunning place. Looooong story with biting meerkats, but I won't tell it now. Best meal ever, no doubt. Amazing staff.
Even took me on a tractor drive!

A long walk on a farm after a day in the car.





THe beautiful plants and succulents and cactii.

THis is sheep farming country and , sorry to say, the Karoo lamb is OUT OF THIS WORLD.
Of course I didnt eat these sweet little things.



Approaching Colesburg and its famous koppies. The nothingness is the somethingness.